Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dam Site River Campground in Arkansas

Well, we enjoyed our stay at the Air Force Base in Little Rock and are now settled in for the week near Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  I have an uncle who lives nearby so our plans are to have a nice, relaxing visit with him while we are here.  It's been close to seven years since we have seen him.  What fun it will be to catch up!!!  I sure will miss Aunt Sue though!!!  Aunt Sue AND my Aunt Louise both passed away within a week of each other this summer!  A friend of mine reminded me recently that WE are now the "older generation".  So many of those WE considered the "older generation" are now celebrating in Heaven!!!

Of course everyone knows that Max was beside himself while we were at the Air Force Base....surrounded by C-130's flying all day; airmen, soldiers and some marines everywhere; Taps, National Anthem played EVERY day over the PA system...what more could a retired Army guy asked for!!  For me, it's always emotional to go to Chapel services on base.  There is just something moving to me about seeing those who are willing to give their lives for our freedom gathered together to worship!  I'll post some pictures later...here at the campground the internet service is very S L O W!!  I was going to download a video session for the Bible Study I am beginning, but it was going to take SIX HOURS!  Nope, not gonna happen!! lol.

OK...I'm off to, ummm, do NOTHING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment